C./ Madrid, 126
28903 – GETAFE (Madrid – Spain)
Phone: +34 916249586
Fax: +34 91624 9875
07/2011 - present: Associate Professor with tenure at the Department of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
09/2008 - 08/2009: Visiting Scholar at the Department of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA.
10/2004 - 06/2011: Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
09/2003 - 08/2004: Post-doc. as Visiting Assistant Research Professor at CAM-Institute of Economics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Ph.D. in Economics: CEMFI. Supervisor: Manuel Arellano
- MSc. in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics: LSE, London, UK.
- Postgraduate Studies in Economics and Finance: CEMFI, Madrid, Spain.
- B.A. in Economics: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
- High School and Primary School:
- I.E.S Claudio Moyano, Zamora, Spain.
- Colegio Público Comarcal El Tera, Camarzana de Tera (Zamora), Spain.
- Non-linear panel data econometrics
- Dynamic stochastic discrete choice models
- Economics of Education
- Labor and demographic economics
- “Evaluating a bilingual education program in Spain: the impact beyond foreign language learning”, joint with Brindusa Anghel and Antonio Cabrales. Economic Inquiry, 54(2): 1202–1223, 2016. DOI:10.1111/ecin.12305
- “Dynamic binary outcome models with maximal heterogeneity”, joint with Martin Browing. Journal of Econometrics, 178(2): 805–823, 2014. DOI:10.1016/j.jeconom.2013.11.005
- “State dependence and heterogeneity in health using a bias corrected fixed effects estimator.”, joint with Alejandra Traferri. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 29:181-207, 2014. DOI: 10.1002/jae.2301. A previous version of this work was circulated under the title “Correcting the bias in the estimation of a dynamic ordered probit with fixed effects of self-assessed health status”, UC3M Working paper. Economics 09-21.
- “The identification of a mixture of first order binary Markov Chains”, joint with Martin Browing. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 75(3):455-459, 2013.
- “Heterogeneity in dynamic discrete choice models”, joint with Martin Browning, The Econometrics Journal, 13: 1-39, 2010.
- “Estimating dynamic panel data discrete choice models with fixed effects”. Journal of Econometrics 140:503-528, 2007.
- “Heterogeneity and microeconometrics modeling”, joint with Martin Browning; in Advances in Economics and Econometrics, Theory and Applications, Ninth World Congress, Volume 3, edited by R. Blundell, W. Newey, and T. Persson. Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- “A Dynamic Model of Contraceptive Choice of Spanish Couples”, joint with Pedro Mira. Journal of Applied Econometrics 21: 955-980, 2006
Working Papers and unpublished manuscripts
- “Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Random Effects Models with Unbalanced Panels”, joint with Pedro Albarran and Raquel Carrasco. Working Paper 15-03, Economic Series, Departamento de Economía, UC3M.
- “Transmission of preferences and beliefs about female labor market participation: direct evidence on the role of mothers”, joint with Ricardo Mora and Matilde Machado.Working Paper 14-21, Economic Series, Departamento de Economía, UC3M.
- “Intertemporal Female Labor Force Participation With Non-Exogenous Children”, mimeo, 2007.
*If you have any problem obtaining any of my papers, send me an email and I will send a copy to you.
Updated: April - 2016