- According to the latest well-known ranking by Tilburg University on Economics research (2008-2012), the Dept. of Economics at UC3M is placed 38th. in the world.
- Job Market Candidates
- The UC3M Team has won the Gold Medal in the 2013 edition of the Econometric Game, competing with many teams from outstanding universities (Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Harvard, Tilburg, among them). The team members come from the graduate program in Economics (Andrés García-Suaza, Salvatore Lobello, and our captain, Pedro Sant'Anna), the graduate program in Business Administration and Quantitative Methods (Guillermo Carlomagno), and the Master in Industrial Organization (Michelle Sánchez Acosta).
The team was organized by prof. Cesar Alonso of the Department of Economics
- Micro Seminar: hud Lehrer (Tel Aviv Univeristy), "Competitive Economy as a Ranking Device Over Networks". (Tuesday 21, 13:15h, 15.1.01)
- I.I.D Seminar: Belén Jerez (UC3M), "Competitive Equilibrium with Search Frictions: a General Equilibrium Approach". (Wednesday 22, 13:15h, 15.1.01)
- Macro Seminar: Rosario Crino (CEMFI), "Trade Imbalances and Wage Inequality". (Thursday 23, 13:15h, 15.1.01)
- Student Workshop:
- Iaocopo Morchio (UC3M), "Early skills formation and parental choices; explaining the patterns of child care time" (Viernes 24, 11:00h, 15.0.14)
- Alessandro Peri (UC3M), ·Shadow banking system and the Macroeconomy". (Viernes 24, 11:40h, 15.0.14)
Conferences and Other Events