This site provides information about the course, and materials and references useful to prepare it.
DESCRIPTION: This course provides an introduction to the topics and methods of the economics of information.
INSTRUCTOR: Diego Moreno
TA: Derek Lougee
R. Gibbons: A premier in Game Theory, Prentice Hall, 1992.
V. Krishna, Auction Theory, Academic Press, 2010.
I. Macho and D. Perez-Castrillo: An Introduction to the Economics of Information, Ariel, 1994.
1. Time, Uncertainty and Risk in Competitive Economies. (K. Arrow: The role of ..., RES (1964).)
2. Bayesian Games. (Gibbons, chapters 3 and 4.)
3. Risk Distribution: the Principal-Agent Problem. (Macho and Perez-Castrillo, chapter 2.)
4. Moral Hazard. (Macho and Perez-Castrillo, chapter 3.)
5. Adverse Selection: Screening, Signaling. (Macho and Perez-Castrillo, chapters 4 and 5.)
6. Bilateral Trade, Auctions. (Krishna, chapters 2, 3 and 5.)
GRADING: There will a midterm exam (March 26), and a comprehensive final exam (May 28).
© 2015 UC3M - Departamento de Economía