This site provides information about the course, and materials and references useful to prepare it.
DESCRIPTION: This course provides an introduction to the topics and methods of the economics of information.
INSTRUCTOR: Diego Moreno
A. Mas-Colell, M. Whiston and J. Green: Microeconomic Theory, Oxford UP, 1995.
I. Macho and D. Perez-Castrillo: An Introduction to the Economics of Information, Oxford UP, 1994.
V. Krishna, Auction Theory, Academic Press, 2010.
1. Time, Uncertainty and Risk in Competitive Economies. (Mas-Colell et al., chapters 19 and 20.)
2. Risk Distribution: the Principal-Agent Problem. (Macho and Perez-Castrillo, chapter 2.)
3. Moral Hazard. (Macho and Perez-Castrillo, chapter 3.)
4. Adverse Selection: Screening, Signaling. (Macho and Perez-Castrillo, chapters 4 and 5.)
5. Bilateral Trade, Auctions. (Krishna, chapters 2, 3 and 5.)
GRADING: There will a midterm exam (March 17), and a comprehensive final exam (May 27).
© 2015 UC3M - Departamento de Economía