- The Department of Economics has been ranked number 38 worldwide by the QS World University Rankings by Subject.
- The Department has received a "María de Maeztu" award of excellence.
- Mehdi Hamidisahneh has won the Ramsey Prize as the best paper in econometrics presented by a graduate student at the 23rd Annual Symposium of the Society for Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics.
- Natalia Fabra's paper in AER has been featured in Nature Climate Change.
- A paper of Ignacio Ortuño and Klaus Desmet has been featured in "The Economist"
- Natalia Fabra receives the XIII Sabadell-Herrero prize.
- According to the latest well-known QS World University Ranking, the Dept. of Economics at UC3M is placed 46th. in the world.
- A forthcoming paper by Ulrich Wagner in American Economic Review has been featured in the Editor's Choice section of the current issue of SCIENCE.
- Alessandro Peri and Omar Rachedi have won the best award paper at the XXI Finance Forum, for the work "Financial Development, Default Rates and Credit Spreads".
- Job Market Candidates
- The paper "Motivation through goal setting" written by our former PhD student Joaquin Gómez under the supervision of Maria Angeles de Frutos and Susanna Esteban has been the 10th most popular Elsevier paper in Economics during the first half of 2013.
- According to the latest well-known ranking by Tilburg University on Economics research (2008-2012), the Dept. of Economics at UC3M is placed 38th. in the world.
- The Universidad Carlos III's team was a finalist in the 2014 edition of the Econometric Game (the team won the gold medal in the 2013 edition), competing with teams of prestigious universities such as Harvard, LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, Tilburg. In the 2014 edition the UC3M team was selected by prof. Cesar Alonso, and its members were Andrés García-Suaza (captain), Jorge Galán, Irma Alonso and Federico Curci.
- E&A Workshop: David Jaeger(City University of New York): "Son Preference in Fertility, Family Size, and Parents’ Labor Supply: A Cautionary Tale of Compliers", Monday 1, 13:15, 15.1.01
- IID Seminar: Julio Cáceres(UC3M): "Early Impacts of College Aid", Wednesday 3, 13:15, 15.1.01
Conferences and other events
Peter M- Robinson & Carlos Velasco
"Efficient inference on fractionally integrated panel data models with fixed effects"Journal of Econometrics,
185 (2015), 435-452.
& Mar Reguant,
"Pass-Through of Emissions Costs in Electricity Markets"American Economic Review,
104(9) (2014), 2871-2899.
Martin, R., de Preux, L.B. & Wagner, U.J
"The Impact of a Carbon Tax on Manufacturing: Evidence from Microdata" Journal of Public Economics,
117 (2014), 1-14.
Ralf Martin, Mirabelle Muûls, Laure B. de Preux, Ulrich Wagner
"Industry Compensation under Relocation Risk: A Firm-Level Analysis of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme" American Economic Review,
104(8) (2014), 2482-2508.
, Taoufik Bouezmarni & Anouar El Ghouch,
"Nonparametric estimation and inference for conditional density based Granger carusality measures" Journal of Econometrics,
104 (2014), 251-264.
Liang Chen, Juan José Dolado
& Jesús Gonzalo
, "Detecting big structural breaks in large factor models" Journal of Econometrics,
180 (2014), 30-48.
& Esteban Rossi-Hansberg,
"Spatial Development" American Economic Review,
104(4) (2014), 1211-1243. Jesús Gonzalo
& Vanessa Berenguer-Rico,
“Summability of Stochastic Processes (A Generalization of Integration and Co-integration valid for Non-linear Processes)” Journal of Econometrics
, 178 (2014), 331-341. Matthias Kredler
"Experience vs. Obsolescence: A Vintage-Human-Capital Model" Journal of Economic Theory,
150 (2014), 709-739.
Jesús Mª Carro
& Martin Browning, "Dynamic binary outcome models with maximal heterogeneity" Journal of Econometrics,
178 (2014), 805-823. Ludo Visschers
& Irina A. Telyukova,
"Precautionary Demand for Money in a Monetary Business Cycle Model" Journal of Monetary Economics,
60 (8) (2013), 900-916.
& Esteban Rossi-Hansberg,
"Urban Accounting and Welfare
" American Economic Review,
103(6) (2013), 2296-2327.