- UC3M Economics Department's professor Natalia Fabra has been awarded the XIII Sabadell-Herrero prize to research in Economics
- A forthcoming paper by Ulrich Wagner in American Economic Review has been featured in the Editor's Choice section of the current issue of SCIENCE.
- Alessandro Peri and Omar Rachedi have won the best award paper at the XXI Finance Forum, for the work "Financial Development, Default Rates and Credit Spreads".
- Job Market Candidates
- The paper "Motivation through goal setting" written by our former PhD student Joaquin Gómez under the supervision of Maria Angeles de Frutos and Susanna Esteban has been the 10th most popular Elsevier paper in Economics during the first half of 2013.
- According to the latest well-known ranking by Tilburg University on Economics research (2008-2012), the Dept. of Economics at UC3M is placed 38th. in the world.
- The Universidad Carlos III's team was a finalist in the 2014 edition of the Econometric Game (the team won the gold medal in the 2013 edition), competing with teams of prestigious universities such as Harvard, LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, Tilburg. In the 2014 edition the UC3M team was selected by prof. Cesar Alonso, and its members were Andrés García-Suaza (captain), Jorge Galán, Irma Alonso and Federico Curci.
- Thesis seminar: Yunrong Li(UC3M), "Three Essays on Applied Economics". (Monday 8, 13:15h, Classroom: 15.1.01)
- Student Workshop (Job Market): Yunus Emre Ergemen(UC3M), "Fractionally Integrated Panel Data Systems". (Friday 12, 13:15h, Classroom: 15.1.01)
Conferences and other events
& Mar Reguant,
"Pass-Through of Emissions Costs in Electricity Markets" American Economic Review,
104(9) (2014), 2872-2899.
Martin, R., de Preux, L.B. & Wagner, U.J
"The Impact of a Carbon Tax on Manufacturing: Evidence from Microdata" Journal of Public Economics,
117 (2014), 1-14.
Ralf Martin, Mirabelle Muûls, Laure B. de Preux, Ulrich Wagner
"Industry Compensation under Relocation Risk: A Firm-Level Analysis of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme"American Economic Review,
104(8) (2014), 2482-2508.
, Taoufik Bouezmarni & Anouar El Ghouch,
"Nonparametric estimation and inference for conditional density based Granger carusality measures" Journal of Econometrics,
104 (2014), 251-264.
Liang Chen, Juan José Dolado
& Jesús Gonzalo
, "Detecting big structural breaks in large factor models" Journal of Econometrics,
180 (2014), 30-48.
& Esteban Rossi-Hansberg,
"Spatial Development" American Economic Review,
104(4) (2014), 1211-1243. Matthias Kredler
"Experience vs. Obsolescence: A Vintage-Human-Capital Model" Journal of Economic Theory,
150 (2014), 709-739.
Jesús Mª Carro
& Martin Browning, "Dynamic binary outcome models with maximal heterogeneity" Journal of Econometrics,
178 (2014), 805-823. Ludo Visschers
& Irina A. Telyukova,
"Precautionary Demand for Money in a Monetary Business Cycle Model" Journal of Monetary Economics,
60 (8) (2013), 900-916.
& Esteban Rossi-Hansberg,
"Urban Accounting and Welfare
" American Economic Review,
103(6) (2013), 2296-2327. Salvador Ortigueira
& Nawid Siassi,
"How Important is Intra-household Risk Sharing for Savings and Labor Supply?
" Journal of Monetary Economics,
60 (2013), 650-666.
Vanessa Berenguer & Jesús Gonzalo
, "Summability of stochastic processes - A generalization of integration for non-linear processes" Journal of Econometrics,
178 (2013), 331-341.