- Natalia Fabra's paper in AER has been featured in Nature Climate Change.
- A paper of Ignacio Ortuño and Klaus Desmet has been featured in "The Economist"
- Natalia Fabra receives the XIII Sabadell-Herrero prize.
- According to the latest well-known QS World University Ranking, the Dept. of Economics at UC3M is placed 46th. in the world.
- A forthcoming paper by Ulrich Wagner in American Economic Review has been featured in the Editor's Choice section of the current issue of SCIENCE.
- Alessandro Peri and Omar Rachedi have won the best award paper at the XXI Finance Forum, for the work "Financial Development, Default Rates and Credit Spreads".
- Job Market Candidates
- The paper "Motivation through goal setting" written by our former PhD student Joaquin Gómez under the supervision of Maria Angeles de Frutos and Susanna Esteban has been the 10th most popular Elsevier paper in Economics during the first half of 2013.
- According to the latest well-known ranking by Tilburg University on Economics research (2008-2012), the Dept. of Economics at UC3M is placed 38th. in the world.
- The Universidad Carlos III's team was a finalist in the 2014 edition of the Econometric Game (the team won the gold medal in the 2013 edition), competing with teams of prestigious universities such as Harvard, LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, Tilburg. In the 2014 edition the UC3M team was selected by prof. Cesar Alonso, and its members were Andrés García-Suaza (captain), Jorge Galán, Irma Alonso and Federico Curci.
- E&A Workshop: Koen Jochmans(Sciences Po, Paris), "Estimating Multivariate Latent-Structure Models"(Monday 17, 13:15h, Room: 15.1.01)
- Sem Micro: Gerard Llobet(CEMFI), "The Optimal Scope of the Royalty Base in Patent Licensing", (Tuesday 18, 13:15h, Room: 15.1.01)
- IID Seminar (Job Market): Matthias Kredler(UC3M), "Great Opportunities or Poor Alternatives: Self-Employment, Unemployment and Paid Employment Over the Business Cycle". (Wednesday 19, 13:15h, Room: 15.1.01)
- Student Workshop(Job Market): Anett Erdmann(UC3M), "The role of captive consumers in retailer´s location choice". (Thursday 20, 13:15h, Room: 15.1.01)
- Student Workshop: Luisa Dressler(Université libre de Bruxelles), "Support Schemes for Renewable Electricity in the European Union: Producer Strategies and Competition". (Friday 21, 13:15h, Room: 15.1.01)
- XI Encuentro de la Red Española de Elección Social (Friday 21, Room 14.0.11):
- 10.00 h:
Riste Gjorgjev (UdG): Impartial Social Rankings
Carmen Herrero (UA): An Endogeneous Scoring Rule
- 12.00 h:
Joaquín Pérez Navarro (UAH) : No show paradox and the golden number in generalized Condorcet voting methods
Nora Ibarzábal Laka (UPV-EHU): Making Blank Botes Count: The Basque Parliament Case
- 15.00 h:
José Manuel Giménez Gómes (URV): Distributive justice in conflicting claims problem: a questionnaire study
Pedro Calleja Cortés (UB): Core selection, aggregate monotonicity and consistency for single-valued solutions in cooperative games
- 17.00 h:
Josep María Izquierdo Aznar (UB): Rationing problems with payoff tresholds
- XI Encuentro de la Red Española de Elección Social (Saturday 22, Room14.0.10):
- 10.10 h:
Jorge Alcalde-Unzu (UPNA): Strategy-proof location of public facilities
Elena Molís (UGr): A new solution for roommate problems: The Q-Stable matchings
- 12.00 h:
María Teresa González Arteaga (UVall): A proposal of ranking codifications compatible with Mahalanobis disconsensus measures
Juan D Moreno-Ternero (UPO): Taxation and Poverty
Conferences and other events
& Mar Reguant,
"Pass-Through of Emissions Costs in Electricity Markets" American Economic Review,
104(9) (2014), 2871-2899.
Martin, R., de Preux, L.B. & Wagner, U.J
"The Impact of a Carbon Tax on Manufacturing: Evidence from Microdata" Journal of Public Economics,
117 (2014), 1-14.
Ralf Martin, Mirabelle Muûls, Laure B. de Preux, Ulrich Wagner
"Industry Compensation under Relocation Risk: A Firm-Level Analysis of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme" American Economic Review,
104(8) (2014), 2482-2508.
, Taoufik Bouezmarni & Anouar El Ghouch,
"Nonparametric estimation and inference for conditional density based Granger carusality measures" Journal of Econometrics,
104 (2014), 251-264.
Liang Chen, Juan José Dolado
& Jesús Gonzalo
, "Detecting big structural breaks in large factor models" Journal of Econometrics,
180 (2014), 30-48.
& Esteban Rossi-Hansberg,
"Spatial Development" American Economic Review,
104(4) (2014), 1211-1243. Jesús Gonzalo
& Vanessa Berenguer-Rico,
“Summability of Stochastic Processes (A Generalization of Integration and Co-integration valid for Non-linear Processes)” Journal of Econometrics
, 178 (2014), 331-341. Matthias Kredler
"Experience vs. Obsolescence: A Vintage-Human-Capital Model" Journal of Economic Theory,
150 (2014), 709-739.
Jesús Mª Carro
& Martin Browning, "Dynamic binary outcome models with maximal heterogeneity" Journal of Econometrics,
178 (2014), 805-823. Ludo Visschers
& Irina A. Telyukova,
"Precautionary Demand for Money in a Monetary Business Cycle Model" Journal of Monetary Economics,
60 (8) (2013), 900-916.
& Esteban Rossi-Hansberg,
"Urban Accounting and Welfare
" American Economic Review,
103(6) (2013), 2296-2327.